Indian Gravy Chicken
Chicken not only makes a meal delicious and flavorful, but also nutritious. It is rated as a very good source of protein. Indian Gravy Chicken recipe gives a real authentic taste of North Indian spices – coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and black peppercorns – which make this a special treat with rice or naan or paratha or chapati. This is a type of chicken curry in a thick gravy with Flexi Creme, tomato and a nice spicy flavor.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour and 5 minutes
- 500 gm Chicken
- 3 large Onions (chopped)
- 3 teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1½ teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala
- 5 teaspoon Oil
- 2 Black Cardamoms
- 2-3 Black Peppercorns
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 4-5 Cloves
- 125 ml Flexi Creme
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Coriander to garnish
2. Add chopped onions and fry till golden brown in colour.
3. Add all the dry spices and fry till oil separates from the masala.
4. Cook couple of times while adding 2 tablespoon of water each time till oil separates from the masala.
5. Then add chicken and cook for 25 minutes.
6. Now add Flexi Creme to the chicken. Cover the pan and cook till chicken is done.
7. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
8. When cooled, open the lid and on high flame let the excess water evaporate.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.