Dal Makhani is a popular Punjabi dish with the primary ingredients as whole black lentil (urad) and red kidney beans (rajma). It is a spicy and heavy dal preparation made with a measured combination of lentils, and with lots of butter and cream.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Extra Time: 6 hours for soaking
Ready in: 6 hours and 25 minutes
- 1 cup Urad Dal (Black Dal)
- ¼ cup Rajma (Red Kidney Beans)
- 2 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoon Butter
- 2 tablespoon Flexi Creme
- 3 sprigs Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
2. Place the Dal and Rajma with some salt in a pressure cooker and cook for 20 minutes.
3. While the mixed lentil is being cooked, saute cumin seeds and ginger garlic paste separately.
4. Add tomatoes to the mixture and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Then add all the dry masalas except for the coriander leaves.
6. Add the cooked lentils to the prepared mixture, then add Flexi Creme to it and mix it well.
7. Put some butter on the top and a dash of Flexi Creme.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.