Chicken Changezi is one of the most popular Mughlai dishes. Chicken Changezi recipe is roasted chicken in a creamy, spicy red gravy. The chicken is cooked with tomato, ginger, garlic, onions, green chilies, fresh coriander and other spices. Enjoy this perfect dinner recipe with naan, roti and raita.
- 1 Chicken (cut in pieces)
- 1 Egg (boiled)
- 30 gm Desi Ghee
- 300 ml Milk
- 250 gm Tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoon Chaat Masala
- ½ teaspoon dried Methi leaves (Kasoori Methi)
- 15 gm Ginger (cut in small pieces)
- 2 Green Chillies (cut long)
- 2 Lemon (juice)
- 20-25 fried Makhane (puffed lotus seeds)
- Salt to taste
- 80 ml Flexi Creme
Ingredients for fried Onion Kaju paste:
- 3 Onions (cut and fried)
- 50 gm Kaju (Cashew)
- ¼ cup Water
2. Fry makhane and keep aside.
3. Deep fry the onions and keep aside for cooling. Then grind the fried onions and kaju with water in a grinder to make a thick paste.
4. Add ghee to a cooking vessel and heat.
5. Add milk, ginger garlic paste, tomato paste, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala to the ghee. Let it cook for 10 minutes on normal flame.
6. Add the prepared fried onion kaju paste to the cooking vessel along with chaat masala and salt and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
7. Now add Flexi Creme, methi leaves, 1 green chilli, half of the cut ginger, lemon juice and stir.
8. Transfer the roasted chicken pieces into the gravy and leave it on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
9. Later, garnish with rest of chillies, ginger pieces, fried makhane and cut boiled egg.
10. Chicken Changezi is ready to be served with rice, naan or chapati.